European Assessment protocol for Children's SEL Skills
ÖREBRO UNIVERSITY (SWEDEN)
Department of Health Sciences and Medicine
Örebro University is one of the fastest growing universities in Sweden. The Department’s education and research concerns people’s needs and possibilities in relation to health and illness. The Department has a dynamic and multidisciplinary research. Of particular interest in the current setting is the section within the Department concerned with the health of children and young people, where there are several relevant on–going research projects. In EAP_SEL project, Department of Health Sciences and Medicine, will be in charge of develop and validate a European Assessment Protocol to measure the children’s social and emotional maturity.
Birgitta Kimber (BK) Trainer and researcher. Over the last ten years,has developed the Social and Emotional Training (SET) program in Sweden. Her tasks have included preparation of the SET curriculum and teaching material, training of the SET teachers, and evaluation, both quantitative and qualitative, of SET outcomes.
- KIMBER B. (2011), Primary prevention of mental health problems among children and adolescents through social and emotional training in school. Solna, Sweden: Karolinska Insitutet (doctoral dissertation).
- KIMBER B. (2008), “Social emotional training in Swedish classrooms for the promotion of mental health: Results from an effectiveness study in Sweden”, Health Promotion International.
- KIMBER B. (2008), “Social and emotional training in Swedish schools for the promotion of mental health: an effectiveness study of 5 years of intervention”, Health Education Research.
Charli Carl - Gunnar Eriksson Professor, Public Health Department of Health Sciences, Örebro University and Director of the National Centre for Child Health Promotion. Some of his awards include: 1991-2000: Member of Board, Center for Epidemiology, NBHW
- Eriksson, C., Geidne, S., Larsson, M., & Pettersson, C. (2011). A Research Strategy Case Study of Alcohol and Drug Prevention by Non-Governmental Organizations in Sweden 2003-2009.Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy, 6:8 doi:10.1186/1747-597X-6-8
- Fröding K, Elander I, Eriksson C. (2011). Neighbourhood Development and Public Health Initiatives - Who Participates? Health Promotion International, 2011, Advance Access published April 22, 2011
- Geidne J, Fröding K, Montin S, Eriksson C. (2011). Implementation structure and participation at neighbourhood level - a multiple case study of Neighbourhood Development in Sweden. Systemic Practice and Action Research, in press
back to ... [list]
follow us on ...